Visiting Jekyll Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring Jekyll Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. A top sight in the area is Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- You'll find 574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 42.3 mi (68.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jekyll Island
Favorite family attractions include Georgia Sea Turtle Center and Summer Waves Water Park. The beaches, sunrises, and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Great Dunes Park, Jekyll Island State Park, and Driftwood Beach are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jekyll Island Golf Club and Jekyll Harbor Marina.
In Jekyll Island, you'll be able to select from 221 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jekyll Ocean Club - This 3.5-star hotel features a water park, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
- Jekyll Island Club Resort - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. This 3.5-star resort features a water park, a water park, and 5 restaurants.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Jekyll Island - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and quiet location.
Dressing for Jekyll Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Jekyll Island gets about 45.00 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F