Families enjoy visiting Newton though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, art, and architecture. Top sights in the area include Museum of World Treasures, Exploration Place, and Wichita Art Museum.
- You'll find 117 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wichita
- The closest major airport is in Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Warkentin House Museum. Additionally, you'll find Kauffman Museum and Dyck Arboretum of the Plains in the area.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Newton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Newton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Newton Station. Newton might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Newton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 32.44 inches of rain falls on Newton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 21°F