Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Yamanashi has to offer including the monuments, mountain views, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and museums. Top sights around the area include Maizuru Castle, Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Arts, and Itchiku Kubota Art Museum. You'll find 254 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kofu.
Sightseeing and Staying in Yamanashi
The city is notable for landmarks like Kichijo-ji Temple, Suwa Shrine, and Tobio Shrine. The city's natural beauty is on display at Mount Kentoku, Ichinokama Waterfall, and Fuefuki Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mt. Kobushigatake and Kunifusabo Shrine.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Fruit Park Fujiya Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free parking, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Maizuru Castle, located 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Arts, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Getting Around Yamanashi
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Yamanashi Yamanashishi Station. Yamanashi might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yamanashi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Yamanashi gets about 1.50 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F