If history was your most cherished subject at school, you'll have a good time at Afrasiab.
If you want to experience it, head 120 miles to Samarkand from Dushanbe, the capital city.
Book a hotel right in the area. There are 2 to select from. The Samarkand Plaza and L'Argamak Hotel are all within a mere 2 miles of Afrasiab.
Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself. So if you're keen to find a place that's a step up in comfort and class, you ought to check out the Hotel Grand Samarkand, which is only 2 miles away.
Other Places to Visit near Afrasiab
Before you head off, get a taste of some of the other things to do that are in proximity to Afrasiab:
- Tomb of Prophet Daniel is one of the most renowned mausoleums in the surrounding area.
- To learn as much as you can about the burial customs that were honored in this region in the past, head to Shakh-i-Zinda.
- Like so many mosques across the world, Khazrat-Khizr Mosque is a striking house of worship where Muslims meet during prayer time to learn about Islam.
- Stop by Bibi-Khonym Mosque and feel a sense of serenity come over you as you admire the impressive architecture.
- Here on Planet Earth it is hard to imagine what's out there, in the cosmos. Ulugbek's Observatory puts everything into perspective.