Travelers to Almada give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Castle of Sao Jorge, Cristo Rei, and Belem Tower.
- You'll find 3378 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 10 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Almada
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Health Beach, Costa da Caparica Beach, and Dragao Beach. Surfing is just one of the top activities, while Aroeira Golf Club and Golf Aroeira are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cristo Rei and Aldeia dos Capuchos Viewpoint.
In Almada, you'll be able to select from 111 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Quinta do Tagus Village - This 5-star country house features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Mercure Lisboa Almada - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf & Spa - This 4-star aparthotel in Costa de Caparica features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a restaurant. Expedia customers love its location and spacious, clean rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Castle of Sao Jorge, 6.4 mi/10.3 km from the city center, and Belem Tower, which is 3.9 mi/6.2 km away.
Dressing for Almada
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Average annual rainfall for Almada is 27.52 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 46°F