Visitors to Americus are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, entertainment choices, and coffeehouses.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional), 36.9 mi (59.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Americus
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Statue of Charles Lindbergh. Additionally, you might want to add Global Village & Discovery Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Americus. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Americus - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn Americus - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Americus
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Americus is 44.06 inches
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F