Visitors to Amstelveen are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, live music, and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Nes, Amsterdam ArenA, and AFAS Live.
- You'll find 1030 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 30.4 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amstelveen
The city's cultural venues include Schouwburg Amstelveen and Cobra Museum of Modern Art. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the forests and Amsterdamse Bos. Additionally, you might want to add Wagener Stadium to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Amstelveen. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Station Amstelveen - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Ammonite Hotel Amsterdam - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Adagio Amsterdam City South - This 3.5-star aparthotel features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a snack bar/deli. Expedia customers love its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Nes, 5.1 mi/8.2 km from the city center, and Amsterdam ArenA, which is 3.2 mi/5.1 km away.
Getting Around Amstelveen
You can access metro transit at Amstelveen Centrum Station, Ouderkerkerlaan Station, and Oranjebaan Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Amstelveen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Amstelveen gets about 76.57 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F