Visiting Antigua Guatemala
History buffs will enjoy exploring Antigua Guatemala, and visitors give high marks for the volcano viewpoints and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, museums, and coffeehouses. A top sight in the city is La Merced Church.
- There are 227 hotels and other accommodations in Antigua Guatemala
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Antigua Guatemala
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include El Fotografo Gallery, Antigua Guatemala Colonial Art Museum, and Choco Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include La Merced Church, Central Park, and Palace of the Captains-General. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Antigua Guatemala Cathedral and Santa Catalina Arch.
In Antigua Guatemala, there are 227 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Buena Vista - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- San Rafael Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Serendipity Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Antigua Guatemala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Antigua Guatemala gets about 51.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 54°F