Visitors to Areal are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Juiz de Fora (JDF-Francisco Alvares de Assis), 34.8 mi (56 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 40.7 mi (65.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Areal
Places to visit in the larger region include Tiradentes Sacro-Historical Museum, Itapaiva Castle, and Montanhas de Teresopolis Municipal Park. In the area, you'll also find Praca Sao Sebastiao and Orquidario Aranda Garden.
As you plan your trip to Areal, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 86 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Casablanca Imperial is located 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the heart of Areal. This 3-star hotel in Historic Center features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its location.
- Casablanca Center Hotel is 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from central Areal. This 3.5-star hotel in Historic Center features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking.
- Pousada Monte Castelo is 19.9 mi (32 km) from the center of Areal. This 3-star pousada in Petropolis features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Areal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 69°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 64°F at night
- Areal gets about 56.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 61°F