Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chantilly, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and cafés. National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Manassas National Battlefield Park, and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Chantilly
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 11.8 mi (19 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chantilly
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pleasant Valley Golf Club and Ticonderoga Farms.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chantilly. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Chantilly Dulles South - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Dulles Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Top places to visit around the area include Manassas National Battlefield Park, 5.8 mi/9.3 km from the city center, and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, which is 12 mi/19.3 km away.
Dressing for Chantilly
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Chantilly gets about 41.61 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F