Find Hotels in Athens, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 21, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 15, 2020
Visitors to Athens are sure to enjoy the shopping and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, breweries, and wineries.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Athens
- The closest major airport is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 27.7 mi (44.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Athens
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cain Park II, Central Park, and Athens City Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Henderson County Performing Arts Center and Trinity Valley Community College.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Athens. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Athens TX - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.95 inches of rain falls on Athens each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F