Visiting Gun Barrel City
Visitors to Gun Barrel City are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and parks.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Gun Barrel City
- The closest major airport is in Terrell, TX (TRL-Terrell Municipal), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 42 mi (67.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gun Barrel City
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Tom Finley Park. Additionally, you'll find Cedar Creek Country Club and Whatz-Up Family Fun Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Gun Barrel City. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Gun Barrel City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Gun Barrel Executive Inn - Our customers like the convenient parking at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Gun Barrel City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Gun Barrel City gets about 42.95 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F