Visiting Emerald Isle
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Emerald Isle, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants.
- You'll find 200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Morehead City
- The closest major airport is in New Bern, NC (EWN-Craven Regional), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 35.8 mi (57.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Emerald Isle
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Emerald Isle Woods Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier and Emerald Plantation.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Emerald Isle. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Islander Hotel & Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and room service.
- Oceanview Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this motel. Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking.
Dressing for Emerald Isle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 57.05 inches of rain falls on Emerald Isle each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F