Find Hotels in Avalon, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 19, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 15, 2020
Travelers to Avalon give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos and local tours.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Avalon
- The closest major airport is in Avalon, CA (AVX-Catalina), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 35.5 mi (57.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avalon
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Descanso Beach and Catalina Island. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Avalon Port is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau and Catalina Island Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Avalon. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- The Pavilion Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free manager's reception.
- Aurora Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Avalon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- Avalon gets about 12.80 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F