Find Hotels in Catalina Island, CA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $99
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 15, 2020
Visiting Catalina Island
Travelers to Catalina Island give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours and casinos.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Catalina Island
- The closest major airport is in Avalon, CA (AVX-Catalina), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Catalina Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Descanso Beach and Starlight Beach. Top activities include taking local tours and boating, while Avalon Port, Catalina Island Golf Course, and Avalon Pier are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Catalina Casino and Catalina Island Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Catalina Island. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Pavilion Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free manager's reception.
- Seacrest Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free WiFi and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Catalina Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- About 12.80 inches of rain falls on Catalina Island each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while April and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F
More trip options
- Catalina Island Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Catalina Island Airports
- Hotels near Popular Catalina Island Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Catalina Island
- More Hotel Options in Catalina Island
- More Popular Hotels in California
- Other Hotels near Catalina Island, California
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends