Families will find kid-friendly activities in Barrie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its hockey games. A top sight in the area is Mount St. Louis Moonstone.
- You'll find 171 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Barrie - Orillia
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 49.1 mi (78.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Barrie
Hockey fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Eastview Arena or Barrie Molson Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barrie Farmers Market and MacLaren Art Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Barrie. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Barrie - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Barrie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Mount St. Louis Moonstone, 16.3 mi/26.2 km from the city center.
Dressing for Barrie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- Barrie gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 9°F