Families will find kid-friendly activities in Baxter, and visitors give high marks for the water parks. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, restaurants, and lakeside setting.
- You'll find 142 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brainerd
- The closest major airport is in Brainerd, MN (BRD-Brainerd Lakes Regional), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Baxter
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Northland Arboretum. Additionally, you'll find North Central Speedway and Buffalo Hills Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Baxter. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a water park and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Baymont by Wyndham Baxter/Brainerd Area - Our customers like the pool and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a water park and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Dressing for Baxter
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -5°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and -1°F as the nighttime average
- Baxter gets about 28.46 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°F