Families will find kid-friendly activities in Brainerd, and visitors give high marks for the water parks. This city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting and waterfalls.
- There are 190 hotels and other accommodations in Brainerd
- The closest major airport is in Brainerd, MN (BRD-Brainerd Lakes Regional), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Brainerd
Cultural venues in the city include Minnesota Military Museum, Depot Museum, and Minnesota Fishing Museum. Families come for attractions such as Paul Bunyan Land, Nisswa Family Fun Center, and Pine Grove Zoo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area, Mille Lacs Lake, and Nisswa City Park.
In Brainerd, there are 190 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lost Lake Lodge - This 3-star lodge features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Good Ol' Days Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hallett House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Brainerd
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Staples Station. Brainerd might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Brainerd
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and -5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 22°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 38°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of -1°F
- Average annual rainfall for Brainerd is 28.46 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°F