Families will find kid-friendly activities in Beckley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas. A top sight in the city is Winterplace Ski Resort.
- There are 96 hotels and other accommodations in Beckley
- The closest major airport is in Beckley, WV (BKW-Raleigh County Memorial), 3.8 mi (6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 43.2 mi (69.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Beckley
Notable city landmarks like New River Gorge Bridge and Friendly Chapel Church might be worth a visit. The riverfront and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Pipestem State Park, Hawks Nest State Park, and Twin Falls State Park. Top activities include skiing and rafting, while Briar Patch Golf Course, Grandview Golf Course, and Winterplace Ski Resort are favorite sights to visit.
In Beckley, you'll find 96 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Guest House Inn on Courthouse Square - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Morris Harvey House - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Beckley
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Prince Station, Thurmond Station, or Hinton Station. Beckley might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Beckley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Beckley is 41.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F