Travelers to Bedford give high marks for the riverfront and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Bedford
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bedford
Attractions like Bedford Autodrome, Wrest Park & Gardens, and Woburn Safari Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Bedford Park and Priory Country Park. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Colmworth and North Bedfordshire Golf Club and Wyboston Lakes Golf Course are sights to visit.
In Bedford, there are 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old Piggery Guest Accommodation - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Embankment - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Getting Around Bedford
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bedford Station, Bedford St Johns Station, or Kempston Hardwick Station. Bedford might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bedford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Bedford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 32°F