Find Hotels in Bernese Alps
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 26, 2020
Visiting Bernese Alps
Travelers to Bernese Alps give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and local tours. Scenic and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Trummelbach Falls, Jungfraujoch, and Eiger.
- There are 575 hotels and other accommodations in Bernese Alps
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 32.9 mi (53 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bernese Alps
Cultural venues in the city include Lenk Simmental Tourist Center, Tell-Spiele, and Museum of Nature. Attractions like Leukerbad-Therme, Wengen-Mannlichen Cable Car, and Brigerbad Thermal Pools are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Jungfraujoch Sphinx Observatory, First Flyer, and Gelmer Funicular.
In Bernese Alps, you'll be able to select from 575 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Grand Chalet - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its walkable location.
- Gletschergarten - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Slalom - This 3-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Bernese Alps include Trummelbach Falls, Jungfraujoch, and Eiger. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Schloss Schadau, 20.3 mi/32.6 km from the city center, and Saas-Fee Ski Resort, which is 26.8 mi/43.1 km away.
Getting Around Bernese Alps
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Bernese Alps is a breeze. Make your way to Bettmeralp Gondola Lift Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kandersteg Station, Leukerbad Station, or Ferden Goppenstein Station.
Dressing for Bernese Alps
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bernese Alps is 1.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F