Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Bishop, which is also known for its mountain views and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Bishop
- The closest major airport is in Bishop, CA (BIH-Eastern Sierra Regional), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bishop
The city's cultural venues include Laws Railroad Museum and Mountain Light Gallery. The hiking trails, mountain views, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Bishop City Park, Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, and Keough's Hot Springs are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Paiute Palace Casino and Tri County Fairgrounds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Bishop. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bishop - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Vagabond Inn Bishop - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Bishop
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bishop is 3.62 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F