Visiting June Lake
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring June Lake, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its ski areas and mountain views.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in June Lake
- The closest major airport is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in June Lake
Skiing, hiking, and fishing are top activities, while sights to visit include June Lake Marina, Gull Lake Marina, and June Mountain. Additionally, you might want to add June Lake Community Building to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in June Lake. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Reverse Creek Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bathrooms.
- June Lake Pines - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- June Lake Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Half Dome, located 25.2 mi (40.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Vernal Falls, which is 25.8 mi (41.6 km) away.
Dressing for June Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- About 36.30 inches of rain falls on June Lake each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F