Visitors to Garrison are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Garrison, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Brainerd, MN (BRD-Brainerd Lakes Regional), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Garrison
Places to visit in the larger region include Mille Lacs Indian Museum, Mille Lacs Lake, and Mille Lacs Kathio State Park. You'll also find Paul Bunyan Land and Croft Mine Historical Park in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Garrison, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 11 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Enjoy the Great Fishing on Mille Lacs! Along With Miles of Trails is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the center of Garrison. Guests who stay at this 3-star cabin in Garrison can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Twin Pines Resort is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from central Garrison. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Baxter can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baxter Brainerd Area is located 21.2 mi (34 km) from the heart of Garrison. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Onamia can enjoy access to a casino and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Garrison
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Garrison gets about 29.68 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°F