Families will find kid-friendly activities in Burlington, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the area include Greensboro Coliseum and Greensboro Science Center.
- You'll find 154 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Greensboro
- The closest major airport is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Danville, VA (DAN-Danville Regional), 33.9 mi (54.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burlington
The picturesque setting of City Park and Cedarock Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Putt-Putt Fun Center and Burlington Athletic Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Burlington. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Drury Inn & Suites Burlington - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Burlington (Elon), NC - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Greensboro Coliseum, 21.7 mi/34.9 km from the city center.
Getting Around Burlington
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Burlington Station. Burlington may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Burlington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Burlington is 44.72 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F