Families will find kid-friendly activities in Asheboro, and visitors give high marks for the popular zoo and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include North Carolina Aviation Museum, Sunset Theater, and North Carolina Zoo.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Asheboro
- The closest major airport is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 32 mi (51.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Asheboro
Cultural venues in the city include North Carolina Aviation Museum, Sunset Theater, and American Classic Motorcycle Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Memorial Park, McCrary Park, and Eastside Park. Other notable sights to explore include North Carolina Zoo and Pisgah Covered Bridge.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Asheboro. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Asheboro - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Asheboro - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Asheboro - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Asheboro include Asheboro Country Club. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Caraway Speedway, 8.4 mi/13.4 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Asheboro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.04 inches of rain falls on Asheboro each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F