Families will find kid-friendly activities in Casper, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and entertainment choices.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Casper
- The closest major airport is in Casper, WY (CPR-Natrona County Intl.), 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Casper
Cultural venues in the city include National Historic Trails Interpretive Center, Nicolaysen Art Museum, and John F. Welsh Auditorium. The city is notable for landmarks like Alcova Dam, Martins Cove, and Fort Caspar. The riverfront and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Casper Mountain County Park, David Street Station, and Garden Creek Falls.
In Casper, you'll find 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Casper Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Candlewood Suites Casper - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Casper C'mon Inn Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Casper
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- Casper gets about 12.52 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 14°F