Visiting Charles Town
History buffs will enjoy exploring Charles Town, and visitors give high marks for the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and cathedral.
- You'll find 140 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Martinsburg
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charles Town
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Gibson-Todd House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jefferson County Courthouse and Old Opera House.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Charles Town. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Carriage Inn B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Charles Town - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hillbrook Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Charles Town
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Charles Town is 38.70 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F