Visitors to Shepherdstown are sure to enjoy the university setting and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and opera houses.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Martinsburg
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shepherdstown
Cultural venues in the city include Shepherdstown Opera House, Shepherdstown Museum, and Rumsey Steamboat Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Morgan's Grove Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Shepherd University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Shepherdstown. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Thomas Shepherd Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bavarian Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Shepherdstown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Shepherdstown is 40.55 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F