Visitors to Chestertown are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, festivals, and art.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Chestertown
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (MTN-Martin State), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Easton, MD (ESN-Easton - Newnam), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chestertown
The city's cultural venues include Garfield Center for the Arts at the Prince Theater and Historical Society of Kent County Maryland. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Washington College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wilmer Park and Rolphs Wharf Marina.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chestertown. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- John L Stam House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Chestertown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Chestertown gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F