History buffs will enjoy exploring Christiansted, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Fort Christiansvaern and Buck Island Reef National Monument.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodations in Christiansted
- The closest major airport is in Christiansted (SSB-St. Croix Seaplane Base), 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Christiansted (STX-Henry E. Rohlsen), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Christiansted
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Apothecary Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Christiansvaern, Steeple Museum, and Scale House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Buck Island Reef National Monument, D. Hamilton Jackson Park, and Protestant Cay.
In Christiansted, there are 72 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Carringtons Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Arawak Bay The Inn at Salt River - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this inn. This 2.5-star inn features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Buccaneer - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit around the area include Cane Bay, located 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Sandy Point, which is 13.8 mi/22.2 km away.
Dressing for Christiansted
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Christiansted gets about 40.79 inches of rain per year
- August and October are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 70°F