Visiting Clear Lake
Visitors to Clear Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, theaters, and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 33 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mason City
- The closest major airport is in Mason City, IA (MCW-Mason City Municipal), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Clear Lake
The city's cultural venues include Clear Lake Fire Museum and Surf Ballroom and Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Central Gardens of North Iowa and Clear Lake State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Buddy Holly Crash Site to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Clear Lake. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Rumorz Neighborhood Hideaway - This 2.5-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lakeside Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Clear Lake - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room refrigerator. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Clear Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 8°F as the nighttime average
- Clear Lake gets about 35.20 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F