Families will find kid-friendly activities in Columbus, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Brown County State Park.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Columbus
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 40.8 mi (65.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbus
The city's cultural venues include Kidscommons Children's Museum and The Commons. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Brown County State Park, Mill Race Park, and Lake Monroe. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Edinburgh Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Columbus, you'll be able to select from 70 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Oak Haven Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room refrgerator. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus Edinburgh - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus, IN - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Indiana Grand Racing and Casino, located 27 mi (43.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Columbus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Columbus is 44.21 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F