Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Franklin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, university setting, and forests. Top sights in the area include Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art.
- You'll find 386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Indianapolis
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Franklin
A couple of favorite places to visit are Historic Artcraft Theater and Johnson County Museum of History. In the area, you'll also find Johnson County Park and Hoosier Horse Park.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn Franklin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Lucas Oil Stadium, located 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city center, and Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which is 20.8 mi/33.5 km away.
Dressing for Franklin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 44.84 inches of rain falls on Franklin each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F