Visiting Cortes Bay
Travelers to Cortes Bay will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Mansons Landing, BC (YMU), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Desolation Sound, BC (YDS), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortes Bay
Places to visit in the larger region include Copeland Islands Marine Provincial Park, Desolation Sound Marine Provincial Park, and Okeover Arm Provincial Park. You'll also find Rebecca Spit Marine Provincial Park and Nuyumbalees Cultural Centre in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Cortes Bay, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 34 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Painter's Lodge is 14.9 mi (24 km) from central Cortes Bay. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star lodge in Campbell River can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Anchor Inn And Suites is located 14.1 mi (22.8 km) from the heart of Cortes Bay. This 3-star hotel in Campbell River features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Heron's Landing Hotel is 14.3 mi (23 km) from the center of Cortes Bay. This 2.5-star hotel in Campbell River features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Cortes Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.17 inches of rain falls on Cortes Bay each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F