Find Hotels in Covington, VA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $59
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 4, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Covington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its hot springs and spas. Top sights in the city include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Covington
- The closest major airport is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Covington
Cultural venues in the city include Alleghany Historical Society, C & O Railway Heritage Center, and Warm Springs Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Humpback Covered Bridge, Garth Newel Music Center, and Bath County Historical Society. The hot springs and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including George Washington National Forest, Jefferson National Forest, and Lake Moomaw.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Covington. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Gristmill Square - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn Covington - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Inn At Warm Springs - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Getting Around Covington
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Clifton Forge Station. Covington might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Covington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Covington is 40.04 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Covington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Covington, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Covington?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Covington?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Covington?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Covington?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Covington?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Jefferson National Forest?
What about the best place to stay close to Lake Moomaw?
What's the best high-end hotel in Covington?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Covington?
Recent reviews of Covington hotels
More trip options
- Covington Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Covington Airports
- Hotels near Popular Covington Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Covington
- More Hotel Options in Covington
- More Popular Hotels in Virginia
- Other Hotels near Covington, Virginia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends