Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Gunnison, which is also known for its ski areas and mountain views. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Gunnison
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 46.8 mi (75.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gunnison
Cultural venues in the city include Smith Opera House, Gunnison Pioneer Museum, and Gunnison Valley Observatory. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Curecanti National Recreation Area, Rio Grande National Forest, and Curecanti National Recreation Area. Skiing is just one of the top activities, while Dos Rios Golf Club and Cranor Hill Ski Area are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Gunnison. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Tomichi Village - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gunnison - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Gunnison - Water Wheel Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Crested Butte Mountain Resort, 24.5 mi/39.5 km from the city center.
Dressing for Gunnison
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -7°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and -6°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Gunnison is 10.63 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°F