Visitors to Middlebury are sure to enjoy the university setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, riverfront, and cathedral. A top sight in the area is Fort Ticonderoga.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Middlebury - Warren
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.), 31.5 mi (50.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montpelier, VT (MPV-Edward F. Knapp State), 32.8 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middlebury
The city's cultural venues include Town Hall Theater and Kevin P. Mahaney '84 Center for the Arts. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Pulp Mill Covered Bridge and Halpin Covered Bridge. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Middlebury College is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Middlebury. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Swift House Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- The Inn on the Green - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Courtyard Middlebury - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Fort Ticonderoga, 16.1 mi/26 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Middlebury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 13°F at night
- Middlebury gets about 39.92 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F