Visiting North Hudson
Visitors can enjoy all that North Hudson has to offer including its mountain views. Top sights in the area include Fort William Henry, Lake George Dog Beach, and Prospect Mountain.
- You'll find 236 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake George
- The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Hudson
Places to visit in the larger region include Roaring Brook Falls, Oscar Seagle Memorial Theater, and Mount Jo. Additionally, you'll find Hulls Falls and Olympic Sports Complex in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to North Hudson, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 164 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Elk Lake Lodge is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the heart of North Hudson. This 3-star lodge in North Hudson features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace.
- High Peaks Resort is 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the center of North Hudson. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Placid can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Crowne Plaza Lake Placid is 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from central North Hudson. This 3.5-star hotel in Lake Placid features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Fort Ticonderoga, located 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city center.
Dressing for North Hudson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- North Hudson gets about 39.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F