Visitors can enjoy all that Elizabethtown has to offer including the golf courses, art, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 180 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elizabethtown
Places to visit in the larger region include Roaring Brook Falls, Hulls Falls, and Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. You'll also find Mount Van Hoevenberg Cross Country Ski Area and Button Bay State Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Elizabethtown, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 11 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- High Peaks Resort is located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of Elizabethtown. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Placid can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Crowne Plaza Lake Placid is 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the center of Elizabethtown. This 3.5-star hotel in Lake Placid features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid is 18 mi (28.9 km) from central Elizabethtown. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lake Placid can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Elizabethtown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 32.01 inches of rain falls on Elizabethtown each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F