Visiting Crystal Bay
Visitors to Crystal Bay are sure to enjoy the casinos and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, mountain views, and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Northstar California Resort, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, and Bowers Mansion.
- You'll find 3394 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crystal Bay
A favorite place to visit in the city is Jim Kelley's Tahoe Nugget Casino. In the area, you'll also find Northstar California Resort and Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Crystal Bay. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Border House at Crystal Bay - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
- Tahoe Biltmore Lodge & Casino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include Bowers Mansion, 9.1 mi/14.7 km from the heart of the city, and Nevada Governor's Mansion, which is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away.
Dressing for Crystal Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Crystal Bay gets about 33.78 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 20°F