Dallas Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 100 affordable motels in Dallas among more than 1486 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy all that Dallas has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Dallas World Aquarium, Nasher Sculpture Center, and Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the tired traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motels often have free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite Dallas motels available to book:
Americas Best Value Inn Garland Dallas
- Stay within a short 5-minute drive of Lake Ray Hubbard.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Arlington Near Six Flags
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Six Flags Over Texas and Globe Life Park in Arlington.
Trinity Suites Downtown Dallas
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like free wired Internet.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Dallas Zoo and Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
- It's located within a quick 2-minute drive of Arlington Highlands.
- Room amenities like WiFi are included, along with freebies like breakfast, parking, and a manager's reception.
Red Roof Inn Arlington - Entertainment District
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an area shuttle.
Things to Do in Dallas
Check out the fascinating museums and great live music in this vibrant area while you're sightseeing. People who've visited Dallas love its shops and theater scene.
Here are some popular places:
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Fair Park
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Dallas Zoo
- Six Flags Over Texas
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
Dallas is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Dallas
Figure out the ideal time to visit Dallas by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 73° F and nighttime temperatures average 37° F
- April-June: 94° F is the daytime average and 52° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 97° F and nighttime averages are around 63° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 83° F during the day and 37° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.56 inches in a year
How to Get to Dallas and Around the Area
|Dallas, TX (DAL-Love Field) ||Airport ||5.2 mi (8.3 km) |
|Dallas, TX (ADS-Addison) ||Airport ||12.7 mi (20.5 km) |
|Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) ||Airport ||16.1 mi (26 km) |
|St Paul Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|Akard Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|West End Station ||Metro Station ||0.5 mi (0.8 km) |
|Dallas Union Station ||Train Station ||0.7 mi (1.1 km) |
|Dallas Market Center Station ||Train Station ||2.1 mi (3.4 km) |
|Dallas Medical-Market Center Station ||Train Station ||3 mi (4.9 km) |