Travelers to Arlington give high marks for the fun sporting events, theme park, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its university setting, entertainment choices, and theaters. Top sights in the city include AT&T Stadium, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, and Six Flags Over Texas.
- You'll find 993 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dallas
- The closest major airport is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 15.6 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arlington
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Arlington Museum of Art, MetroCenter, and International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame. Attractions like Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags Over Texas, and River Legacy Living Science Center are fun for kids of all ages. Baseball and football fans will find lots to cheer about, and everyone can enjoy an event at AT&T Stadium, Globe Life Park in Arlington, and Maverick Stadium.
In Arlington, there are 100 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Arlington South - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Comfort Suites Arlington - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Arlington South - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable beds.
Popular places to see around the area include Irving Convention Center, 13.7 mi/22.1 km from the city center, and American Airlines Center, which is 17.6 mi/28.3 km away.
Dressing for Arlington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Arlington is 38.35 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F