Travelers to Denver give high marks for the popular theater scene, fascinating museums, and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its sporting events, live music, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include 16th Street Mall, Union Station, and Coors Field.
- There are 1319 hotels and other accommodations in Denver
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Denver
Known for its theaters, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include Denver Art Museum, Molly Brown House Museum, and Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Attractions like Elitch Gardens Theme Park, Denver's Downtown Aquarium, and Denver Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Union Station, Bellco Theatre, and The Manor House.
In Denver, you'll be able to select from 1319 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Highland Haven Creekside Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Patterson Inn - Our customers like the bar and central location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Capitol Hill features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Four Seasons Hotel Denver - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Denver can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Denver include 16th Street Mall, Coors Field, and United States Mint. Popular places to visit outside the city include National Center for Atmospheric Research, 21.7 mi/34.9 km from the heart of the city, and Folsom Field, which is 23 mi (37 km) away.
Getting Around Denver
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Denver is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including 16th - Stout Station, 16th - California Station, and 18th - Stout Station. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Denver Union Station or 61st & Peña station.
Dressing for Denver
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- About 13.86 inches of rain falls on Denver each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F