Visiting El Arenal
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in El Arenal, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, Bellver Castle, and Es Trenc Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in El Arenal
- The closest major airport is in Palma de Mallorca (PMI), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in El Arenal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and El Arenal Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of El Arenal and Aqualand El Arenal.
In El Arenal, you'll be able to select from 104 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grupotel Playa de Palma Suites & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- LTI Llaut Palace Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Hotel Aya - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, located 7.2 mi (11.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Bellver Castle, which is 8.3 mi/13.4 km away.
Dressing for El Arenal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- El Arenal gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F