Visiting Elizabeth City
Visitors to Elizabeth City are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, entertainment choices, and museums.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Elizabeth City
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elizabeth City
The picturesque setting of Waterfront Park and Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Elizabeth City State University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Museum of the Albermarle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Elizabeth City. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Elizabeth City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable beds.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Elizabeth City - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Pond House Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Elizabeth City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Average annual rainfall for Elizabeth City is 46.65 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F