Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Corolla, which is also known for its coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and tucked away setting.
- There are 618 hotels and other accommodations in Corolla
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 44.8 mi (72.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Corolla
Attractions like Corolla Adventure Golf and Bumper Cars and Corolla Raceway are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Currituck Beach, Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education, and False Cape State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Whalehead and Currituck Beach Lighthouse.
In Corolla, there are 618 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beacon Villas at Corolla Light Resort by KEES Vacations - This 4-star vacation home features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks-Corolla - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Inn At Corolla Light - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean rooms.
Dressing for Corolla
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Corolla gets about 48.62 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F