Visiting Powells Point
Visitors to Powells Point are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, restaurants, and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- There are 1303 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Powells Point
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pointe Golf Club. Additionally, you'll find Wright Brothers National Memorial in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Powells Point, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 442 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- K9999 Southern Comfort. Pool, Boat Launch, Waterfront, Minutes to Waterpark! is 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the center of Powells Point. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kill Devil Hills can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
- Shutters on the Banks is 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from central Powells Point. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Nags Head can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Surf Side Hotel is located 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the heart of Powells Point. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Kill Devil Hills can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
Dressing for Powells Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Powells Point is 49.96 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F