Visitors to Ellensburg are sure to enjoy the university setting, coffeehouses, and golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. A top sight in the city is Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
- There are 209 hotels and other accommodations in Ellensburg
- The closest major airport is in Yakima, WA (YKM-Yakima Air Terminal - McAllister Field), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wenatchee, WA (EAT-Pangborn Memorial), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellensburg
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Cascade Range, and Yakima River Valley. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Central Washington University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ellensburg Rodeo and Cle Elum Lake.
In Ellensburg, you'll be able to select from 209 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Suncadia Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Snowcap Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is The Gorge Amphitheatre, located 27 mi (43.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Ellensburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ellensburg is 8.72 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F