Visitors to Engelberg are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Mount Pilatus, Swiss Transportation Museum, and Chapel Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Engelberg
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 43.1 mi (69.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH), 44.3 mi (71.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Engelberg
Notable city landmarks like Engelberg Abbey and Fuerenalp Cable Car might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Titlis Glacier and Swiss Alps. Skiing is a top activity, and Engelberg-Titlis Ski Resort is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Engelberg. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Schweizerhof Engelberg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to public transit.
- Minotel Edelweiss - Our customers like the overall value and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a free children's club, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Bellevue-Terminus - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Mount Pilatus, 13 mi/20.9 km from the heart of the city, and Swiss Transportation Museum, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Getting Around Engelberg
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Engelberg Station. Engelberg may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Engelberg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Engelberg each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F